Friday, January 5, 2018

Snow Day Projects

'Tis the season for snow days, so it's a good thing I'm prepared with lots of supplies for making junk journals and dreamcatchers and assemblage art and other fun stuff.

When the Christmas stuff at Hobby Lobby went to 90% off, I raided the ornament selection. Most of these aren't quite my style when it comes to my Christmas tree, but they will be great for other projects:


I've been collecting crystals, prisms and little ceramic do-dads because I have an idea for a shabby chic, assemblage doll/windchime kind of project:


Last year I borrowed a book through ILL on making Mixed Media dollhouses. They're not usually the type of dollhouses with actualy dolls and moveable furniture; they are intended to be more a study of colors of themes, and the scale does not need to be consistent throughout the piece. I've been working on this one, off and on, for months. It's based on the Sofia Copolla film Marie Antoinette.


And I also made time to start a new altered book project yesterday. It's Christmas themed, and it was a great way to use up my bulging file folder stuffed with clips, vintage sheet music, and withdrawn book pages and old wrapping paper
This is the cover so far.

These are the beginnings of some pages. I still have more embellishing to do and details to add, but I started off using wrapping paper and scrapbook paper scraps, stickers and ribbon. I definitely think this book calls for some glitter.



And then today at work, I discovered a beautiful design under a torn old dustcover on a book that we withdrew from our collection:


Another art journal incoming!

It looks like I have plenty of projects to keep me busy in these sub-zero days.


No comments:

Post a Comment