Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Christmas Windchime

Since I recently stocked up on some crafting supplies following the 90% holiday clearance sales, I decided to start yet another windchime. I am using an old plant hanger (from Goodwill Buy the Pound outlet) as the frame, and the in the center is a champagne bottle that I received as a gift this Christmas (I already took care of the champagne it contained.) The bottle is too pretty to get tossed in the recycling bin.



It's also a good way to use some of the things I grabbed at the 90% clearance. The ornaments and jewelry bits were nice, and I knew I'd use them, but I didn't have a purpose in mind when I bought them.


It was also a good opportunity to upgrade my Christmas tree ornaments. I cleared out a few of the cheap ones that don't have any sentimental value to me so that I can add more meaningful ones to our tree in future years. This little Santa ornament is cute, and he's plastic so he won't break easily. I think he'll get more attention on a windchime than buried in the branches of our tree.


Here's a photo of what it looks like so far. 


Obviously, I am going to keep adding to it as I collect little cheapie ornaments and continue to scoop things up at clearance sales and at thrift stores. I am thinking that instead of the usual type of wind chime, I will just use jingle bells.

I've had to do alot of crafting lately because the books I am waiting on from inter-library loan keep getting delayed due to the weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment