Saturday, January 6, 2018

My First Etsy Sale

So I'm adding another chapter to my Awkward Artist series. As I wrote a few days ago, one of my resolutions this year is to take credit for my creations. For a long time, my husband has been encouraging me to sell my things, but I wasn't sure how to go about it. Showing art at craft fairs and art shows requires time and money, and I wasn't sure it'd be worth it. But I figured I could at least list a couple things on Etsy as a test.

I was pretty surprised last night to get an email notification that something had sold already. I always liked the way this little piece came out, so I will be a little sad to let it go:


To me it told a story of urban renewal. An old industrial building that was kind of an eyesore, has received some love and attention. Flowers were planted, some cheerful decorations put up.  .  .it just reflects my belief that we shouldn't dismiss things simply because they are old or outdated or in disrepair.

The little drawer was originally from a jewelry box that I found on the side of the road, and now it has a new purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment