Thursday, February 28, 2019

I hate when school breaks are halfway over already

Just another little update; my February break is halfway over so I'm trying really hard to enjoy it and use it to be creative. I've been working on dollhouses and wind-chimes. Yesterday I was at Salvation Army and I found a little wooden Bambi ornament. I knew immediately I needed it for Pee Wee's house because he has a Bambi rug in his room:


I put the ornament on his wall since I doubt I'll ever find a 1:12 scale Bambi carpet for his room. It's difficult sometimes to make a dollhouse exactly the way we hope, but I'm always satisfied with the accomplishing the same kind of look, or an homage to one.


I also brought in the gigantic, hand-made dolhouse that Judi gifted me, and started looking at he wallpaper patterns I have. I also knocked out the bathroom walls, because Orchard house wouldn't have had a bathroom in the 1860's. I need to figure out how to re-do the floors and cover up the 'tile' but I like how much more open that hallway area is.


I worked some more on my Library Valentine chandelier (not really a windchime, because there are no chimes on it). I added some more ribbons, and I love how colorful it is:



Other than working on dollhouses and windchimes, I've also been working on my final project for my current grad school course. It's a very long, and very detailed Three Year Strategic Plan for Library Advocacy, so it's a big undertaking. I've been carving out a few hours everyday this week, and I think I'll be finishing it today. It HAS to be finished today, because it's due tomorrow, and we're leaving on a little trip tomorrow morning.

I was working on my project just now when Victor the bunny jumped up on the couch next to me. I thought he was coming to snuggle, but he just wanted to eat my book instead. I didn't appreciate that very much, and Bella also did not appreciate him disturbing her nap:


Well, I better get back to work on this project so I can enjoy the rest my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment