Saturday, March 2, 2019

Beetle House NYC

On Friday, we headed down to NYC. We started planning this trip a couple months ago, after I heard about a Tim Burton themed bar/restaurant there. Beetlejuice is one of my all-time favorite movies, and they have actors there who portray the most popular characters.



We made sure to make our reservation for a night when Beetlejuice would be in the house, and we had the best time ever. His voice, appearance and mannerisms were truly like those of the Ghost with the Most, and he had us in hysterics.

It was on the early side, so we were the only people eating in there, though the bar started filling up while we were in there.

For $40 you get a starter and an entree. I got the James and the Giant Peach salad, and then the Edward Burgerhands, which comes with a real pair of scissors in it:


The food was fine, but the next time I go, I'll probably just get drinks. The first one I got was called Dead Flowers, and it was a sweet, creamy, blue one with a table of dry ice in it that makes it bubble continuously:


The next time I go, I'll go with a Blood Bag, which the waitress said is like a fruit punch:


I dressed for the occasion in a Beetlejuice shirt that I bought from Hot Topic


And I was pleasantly surprised to see that the wallpaper I chose for the bathroom in the Beetlejuice dollhouse was 100% accurate:

 


And when I showed him that the background picture on my phone is a Beetlejuice one, he was pretty happy about it:


It was awesome to finally meet the Ghost with the Most, and I'm already planning another trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment