Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Year of the Unicorn

Just a quick update from the New Job Home Front:

Open House went well. I saw alot of students (even some of the 8th graders) come in and show off the library to their parents. Also, this happened:



Today was  PJ Day. I paid $1 to wear my new unicorn pj pants  and my new unicorn TIE DYE shirt:


Today I got locked in the staff bathroom at work. The handle fell off inside, so first I tried to turn the little bolt/screw thingy to see if I could undo the lock. That didn't work, so instead I had to bang on the door as loudly as possible until one of the 1st grade teachers down the hall came to rescue me. I went to the office to let them know, went back to the library to make a warning sign for the door, and as I approached it, I heard someone else banging on it and shouting "Let me out!" At least it wasn't just me.

The thing that made my day was a hug from a student. He likes science and science fiction, so last class when we talked about A Wrinkle in Time and tesseracts, he was loving it. I'm really glad that I found a way to connect with him, but it also is a reminder to me to incorporate more STEM STEAM STREAM books and activities into my library lessons.

I guess between both these pics, it's fair to call this year the Year of the Unicorn.



No comments:

Post a Comment