Sunday, September 9, 2018

Castle Magic

I haven't been writing as much because my new job has been keeping me BUSY BUSY BUSY. When I get home on the weekdays, it's just a countdown until I can climb into bed.

Luckily, I have a very supportive husband. He surprised me with some flowers one day, and told me how proud he is of how hard I'm working:

Nina the cat inspecting my bouquet

I'll have more pictures from the new library to share in an upcoming post. This post is about the project we started this weekend beccause, ya know, it wouldn't be a proper weekend around out house if we didn't bust out the spray paint cans and work on some kind of dollhouse. I bought this handmade wooden castle from a former co-worker years ago, but I never had the chance to work on it. We finally decided to get going on it because our son has discovered our stash of vintage He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other action figures. He's also really into Ghostbusters, Star Wars and superheroes now, so we figured he needed a 'house' for all his "guys." The castle was white with Pokemon characters painted on it. 



We wanted to make it look more like a castle, so we started by spray painting it gray. 


After the gray paint was dried, we used the textured spray paint over it to make the castle look like stone. The photo below shows the textured paint better:


So that was our little project this weekend. I haven't had much time to work on my own dollhouses, but I'm happy to make something that allows my son to expand his imagination.

I'll try to have another library-related post soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment