Friday, September 14, 2018

Little Update

I'm exhausted. My new job is certainly keeping me busy. I get into school around 6:30 in the morning, and I'm usually there until about 5:00. From 7:55-1:30 I am teaching, and whenever I am not teaching a class, I am cataloging new books, weeding the old books, grading, planning lessons, emailing various staff members and a million other things. I never knew how much work librarians do.

But this is not a complaining post.

Because I have really been enjoying most parts of the new job. This morning I began a unit on Banned Books and Censorship Issues with the 8th graders, and they got really into it. They were asking questions, and enjoying the trivia game I put together.

I got a hug from a 2nd grade boy the other day.

I have 'potions' on display in the Harry Potter reading area, and one of the 3rd grade boys asked me the other day "How do I get girls to like me?" and it melted my heart.

The 5th graders got really into the Titanic, and when I brought up the ideas of recovering artifacts from the wreck vs. treating the wreck as a burial ground, one of the boys said "We should have a debate about this next week"

So it's ALOT of work, but it seems to be going well so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment