Friday, July 20, 2018

Paper Mache Letters

I just completed my first project, specifically for my new library.

I have other things I am planning on bringing in/donating/displaying, but I got this idea recently and undertook this project especially for my new position.

Hobby Lobby sells paper mache letters in various sizes. I bought four letters in the largest size, and I decoupaged them with pages from a few of my favorite stories.

I had duplicate copies of these books, which were all free. That's good because I wouldn't be able to tear apart these stories unless these copies were battered, old, freebies.

For the R, I used a copy of Ramona the Brave.

For the E, I used a copy of Charlotte's Web.

A got the Little House in the Big Woods treatment.

And D is The Secret Garden. The copy I used din't have any illustrations in it, so I used an image from Tim Holtz products for mixed media projects, along with some paper flowers.

I used some aqua color duct tape on the edges of the letters so they would look more finished, and stand out against a white wall.

The letters stand up by themselves, so I won't have to worry about how to hang them.


I am starting to get excited about the new space, and adding my own flair to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment