Monday, July 30, 2018

Japanese Kit Kats: Amazake

This is the most exotic Kit Kat I have tried so far. The green tea was very Japanese also, but I drink green tea all the time. I have never had amazake before. I didn't even know what it was, and I purposely didn't look it up because I wanted to be surprised.
It smells like chai, with subtle sweetness. It tastes like white chocolate, with a slight banana flavor to it.

I didn't know what amazake was, so after I ate the candy bar, I consulted Google. It is a a creamy version of traditional sake (rice wine). It can be served either hot or cold, and is a popular drink served on New Year's in Japan.

And YES: this candy does contain  in it. Each serving has .8% alcohol in it.

I only have ONE MORE FLAVOR LEFT- which will be posted soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment