Thursday, July 26, 2018

Japanese Kit Kats: Strawberry Cheesecake

As a birthday present to myself, I splurged and bought myself some candy bars. Not ordinary candy bars from the grocery store though; I bought some of those exotic KitKat flavors that are only available in Japan.

At first I was thinking about ordering a subscription box, but then I decided to order just a few flavors from a seller on Ebay. I have read candy blogs a few times over the year, and although I have no desire to try some of the strange flavors that are out there (no sour melon logs, or Sweet Heat Starburst for me), I wanted to document my first experience with Japanese candy.

They arrived yesterday, and I was pretty excited to try them. They were a little bit melty, no doubt from the humidity, so I put them in the freezer for a couple hours. I decided to try the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor first:

I had 1/2 of the little bar, and I let my husband have the other half. It was delicious! 

The outside of the candy is white, with small pink flecks.The wafers inside are pink. I don't think it quite tastes like cheesecake, it's more like a strawberry dipped in white chocolate. It reminded me of these strawberry wafer cookies that my old babysitter used to keep in her cookie jar:

So these exotic candy bars are my new babies, and I will guard them like alternate-world-fat-Monica:







No comments:

Post a Comment