Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Alice in a Winter Wonderland

Since it's another Snow Day in these parts, I had to find a project to work on, so I didn't get cabin fever. I have very little moolah in my crafting budget right now, thanks to all these unscheduled, unpaid days, so it had to be a project using things I already had at my disposal.

We withdrew this book from our library a couple months ago, and I liked the title. I decided to make it a junk journal with an Alice in Wonderland theme.


The inside front cover is a book jacket from an old withdrawn copy of Alice in Wonderland, and the first page is a page from yet another old copy of the story.


In case you're wondering, three different Alice in Wonderland books were deconstructed (although two of them were already in various stages of it) and of course the book The Agony of Alice was altered to accommodate all the extra materials being put inside.

This was an ad from a magazine, and I decoupaged the Disney version of Alice onto it.


I especially like the way this pair of pages turned out: 


And of course, I had to make sure the pink flamingos were well represented:


I will add more embellishments like washi tape, ribbons and other bits but I wanted to get the foundation set up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment