Sunday, November 5, 2017

Thrifting and Crafting Weekend

I'm trying to enjoy the last lingering bit of the beautiful Indian Summer we've had. We are  putting the garden to bed, putting all our yard decorations and outside furniture in storage. I already put all my windchimes away, but I ended up taking a couple back out, because I still wanted to work on them.

Right now I have three windchimes in progress:

The storybook one:

  
I just added the strand representing Charlotte's Web.


The mermaid one:



And the celestial one:



I actually made this one years ago, and had it hanging outside my house for the past few years. But I noticed the other day that some of the things were missing from it, probably blown away by the wind, so I decided to bring it in and show it some love.

Despite these three windchimes, and the ones I am currently making as Christmas presents, I still started a new one.  .  .



Lampshade frames are my favorite things to use, and I found one at the Goodwill Buy the Pound outlet yesterday, so it was destiny.

I found a few more interesting things there:



some old records, real classics like Johnny Cash, and vintage Billy Joel. I also found some 45's and 78's of Nat King Cole and Ella Fitzgerald.

I also found this book:


It's copyrighted 1821, and it's the author's account of his addiction to laudanum. Sounds interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment