Sunday, April 30, 2017

Spring Break

Been kinda quiet on the blog lately- this was my Spring Break week so I actually tried to relax (a little).

After living in our house for three years, I finally got around to repainting the bedroom. I also set up the porches for the spring/summer months,.

I worked on some art projects:

-more about this one in a future post-




I binged on Feud: Bette and Joan. I have to say that I'm developing a thing for Ryan Murphy. I always enjoy American Horror Story, and Feud was another example of excellent story telling. I think I know more than a lot of people about the Golden Age of Hollywood, but watching this definitely inspired me to do more research. Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon are flawless in their performances, and there are more than a few cameos by other notables (John Waters, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Kiernan Shipka) as well as other Murphy alumni (Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson).


I was also in search of a new show to binge on, so I tried out The Mindy Project. The show is okay, but I don't find the title character very likable or believable. Mindy Kaling plays a young OB/GYN doctor, but the character seems kind of shallow and ditzy. This show seems to be in the same vein as The New Girl, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: a 30 something woman who is still single and wandering the world in a haze of 80's/90's nostalgia. That formula works better when the character goes through periods of unemployment and still lives with roommates, or was locked in an underground bunker for a couple of decades, but I just don't buy the same type of character as a doctor. She seems to have waaaaaay too much time to engage in the same trivial pursuits- shouldn't she be like, delivering babies at the hospital a lot more often?

I drank a lot of tea (out of my new Ariel mug) and ate sesame bagels with avocado on top.

Then it was my husband's turn for his break (Maine and NH almost always have different schedules for winter and spring breaks), so it was another unusual week.

But I'll be posting again very soon about some of the creative endeavors I've been dabbling in.  .  .


No comments:

Post a Comment