Sunday, February 28, 2021

Awkward Artist: Part 3

 I've been having a good run on Etsy lately.

I've been selling thrift store finds as well as some random things from collections that were spending more time in the attic than on display.

I've also sold a few original creations on Etsy, which still weirds me out.

The first time I ever offered any art for sale was a charity auction for UNH PLAN organization, and I was just happy that my art got some bids, but then it went higher than I expected.

And then following that, I displayed some pieces in Dos Amigos, just for fun, and someone emailed me, wanting to purchase one of the mixed media collages.

I was encouraged by some of my friends to sell things on Etsy, so I reluctantly listed a few things. One of my mixed media collages was my first sale, a couple years ago:



Since then, I've sold a few of my little windchimes, which is great because it just gives me more reason to make more, and more room to display them:




And last night another one of my mixed media pieces sold:


It's strange to think that different things I've made have been purchased by people, and are now out there in places like California and Alaska, on display for people to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment