Thursday, November 1, 2018

Happy Halloween!

****I forgot to post this yesterday******


It's my favorite day of the year! It's a holiday devoted to eating candy and not being yourself!

This year, I decided to be Practically Perfect in Every Way (definitely not me!).

In case you don't get the reference, I decided to channel the most famous British nanny ever.

This costume came together so easily and naturally. My friend gifted me a bunch of leftover fabric a few months ago, and in the bag was this navy blue skirt with black velvet trim. It turns out she used to do traditional German dancing, and this was part of her costume. I didn't know that traditional German dancing was a thing, but I knew it reminded me of Mary Poppins!

From there, I looked for a white blouse at thrift stores, and I think I paid $1.50 for it. I already had the stockings, the shoes, the black blazer and my husband loaned me the red tie. I got the carpetbag suitcase from a local antique store (with a gift certificate) and I bought the hat on Amazon for less than $10.

So this costume cost less than $12!

I wore it to school on our designated Dress Up Day, and I was impressed with the number of students who guessed it. I also wore it to Ghosts on the Banke, and as soon as I walked in the door, a little girl came up to me tell me how much she liked it.


Now I am making it a point to read the stories by PL Travers.

No comments:

Post a Comment