Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Lampshade Chandy

I had this ugly lampshade kickin' around my house for a couple months. It was a roadside find, and I never turn down lampshades because they can be used for so many things. It was covered in hot pink and orange print fabric, so it didn't match anything in my house. I knew it wasn't going to stay like that.


I browsed around online for a little bit, trying to find some inspiration, and even though I told myself I wouldn't do another windchime/chandelier thing, I saw one that I loved:


I decided to do my own version of this. First, I removed the ugly colored fabric from the shade. Then, I cut it into thin strips and wrapped it around the metal frame. It looked much better when the color was contained that way, and not giant walls of garrish satiny fabric. I also used a couple of pieces of  aqua and white/aqua fabric from my stash to complement the orange and pink.


Then, I just started adding stuff. A birdcage candle-holder that I've had forever got a new coat of pink spray paint, a felted bird that I originally bought for a wedding decoration, and a bunch of other things from my stash are suspended with different colors of ribbon. The felt hearts were 90% off because they were Valentine's leftovers. And the chandelier ended up with a library theme because I found a pack of library themed ephemera on clearance at Hobby Lobby.




I'll probably keep adding stuff to it, but I like the way it's looking right now:







No comments:

Post a Comment