Sunday, April 15, 2018

Pink Bunnies

Last month I posted about the work I was doing on my dining room. I was tired of having a mis-matched room, with junk all over the table. It wasn't functional or welcoming. So I devoted myself to making it over, and I wanted an excuse to use all my vintage embroidered linens and display all my dishes with pink rose designs.

I've been working on it some more, so here's a little update:


I had this antique bench in another room, but it never got much use or consideration. I outfitted it with a beautiful, antique quilt ($10 at a yard sale, years  ago) and some flowery-patterned pillows. It's in the corner of the room, right next to the window.



I brought this white metal plant stand inside, and put some vintage linens on it. I am using it to display some classic literature that fits in with the room. Anne of Green Gables, Frances Hodgson Burnett stories, and Alice in Wonderland all fit in.


The other day I was at Hobby Lobby and the Easter stuff was 90% off. I found more than a few things that could be displayed throughout the year including the porcelain rabbit statue. In fact, the room is acquiring kind of a rabbit theme, too:

vintage child dishes with bunnies, and my own silver baby bowl

rabbit patterned wallpaper that I framed


these little guys were from last year's Easter clearance sale

vintage pink musical toy rabbit

I didn't realize how many rabbit-themed things were in the dining room, and now it just seems like they're multiplying. It kinda reminds me of Uncle Jesse's bedroom on Full House:

Remember all those pink bunnies on the walls?

The rabbit theme is kind of funny, because just yesterday, we went outside to find an extra bunny in our yard. Our two, Ramona and Victor, were still safely tucked inside their hutch, but there was a gray and white one, pottering around.

It's like we're running a Bunny Bed n Breakfast!

This week is my Spring break, so I will be watching old movies, arting, baking and all sorts of good stuff. 

Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment