Monday, April 16, 2018

No less than the trees and the stars

Well, it's Spring Break week.  .  .and there's snow on the ground. I was hoping to spend this week cleaning up the yard, and using the warmer temp's to work on some furniture pieces outside. Obviously, the snow is not conducive to either activity. At least we got to spend a little time outside this weekend. I found this wooden canvas that I made last year from wood scraps. It was painted orange, but I never did anything further with it. So, I decided to let my son paint it to keep him occupied for a while.


He loves to paint, and I always let him pick out his own colors from my paint stash, and then he can do whatever he wants with them. The finished product turned out beautiful, with kind of a watercolor tie-dye effect.


Yesterday I put the words on it, and when the weather finally warms up, we'll put it in our yard.

I love using scrap wood for painting projects because it's putting those pieces to use instead of just throwing them away, and I get the wood scraps for free, (acrylic paint from Walmart ranges in price from 50 cents to $1.99, so the cost of these projects is minimal) and because they are all unique by design.

I like to paint outside because it's easy to clean up any messes, and it just feels nice to be creative when you're looking at the sky and sitting on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment