Saturday, January 30, 2021

Proud Moment

 I wanted to write down this moment that made me really proud recently.


I was doin g a Google Meet with an 8th grade student on one of our remote instruction days. She had some questions about her project, which was to select a Banned Book, research it, and make a video trailer for it.

She chose Looking for Alaska by John Green. She had already read it, and she owned the book. 

She found a lot of good information about the places where the book has been challenged/banned, and what the reasons behind those complaints were.

As I was talking to her she said "I don't understand why people get so upset about this book. I mean, they say they have no idea that it contains death, but if you turn to the publication page, it says it right there in the subjects.  ?  ."

Not only was she doing a great job researching her book, but she had the common sense to simply look in her own copy and read the subject classifications. 

I told her she needs to become a librarian when she grows up.




No comments:

Post a Comment