Thursday, October 10, 2019

House Work

Not dishes and laundry and vacuuming, though; I mean dollhouse work!

We recently went to NYC to see the  Beetlejuice show on Broadway. Since that's one of my all-time favorite films, it was pretty exciting to see it come to life in front of my eyes.

The show is more like "inspired by" the movie rather than a theatrical version of it, and I didn't care for some of the changes to the characters and story. However, the visuals were amazing! And it really motivated me to work more on my Beetlejuice dollhouse when I got home. I found a small sandworm light from Hot Topic that I bought for the bathroom:


And once I started working on the Beetlejuice house, I got ideas for other houses, too. I finally got around to making a pumpkin patch for Hagrid to hang in, outside of the Harry Potter book shop:



I also have been scouring the thrift stores for things to add. I recently came across a vintage brooch that was a fan. I removed the pin part, and put it to use in the geisha house. It looks like the fans they use in dancing:


I also have been working on some of the smaller houses/displays, but I'll save those for a future post.


No comments:

Post a Comment