Sunday, June 2, 2019

Just Hacking a Greeting Card

I'm gearing up to bring my dollhouses to the NH Children's Museum Mini Maker Faire again.

I've been trying to work on them whenever I have the chance because I want to bring some that have never been displayed before.

I've been wanting to add some sound to my Beetlejuice dollhouse for a while now. I was looking at some micro sound systems that utilize bluetooth, but I wasn't sold on the one I found.

Then yesterday I was in Hobby Lobby with my son and he pointed out a funny greeting card. I looked at the cards that come with sound, and I found one that plays "Day-O" by Harry Belafonte. It was much cheaper than the the other option, so I bought the card, and took it apart at home, hiding the sound mechanism behind the fridge in the kitchen:



I love it when I'm able to be innovative with this hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment