Friday, May 25, 2018

I Make Stuff. . .

One of my favorite things to do is make stuff. Paint stuff. Assemble things. Experiment. A couple years ago, one of my friends said something that resonated with me: "I am rarely bored when I'm by myself. I am often bored around other people." I realized how true that statement is for me. Here are a few things I've made recently:

This little table was a roadside find. It was very blah, until I decided to express my Beetlejuice fandom:


I also made over another little table which I recently found for free. It's just one of those cheapo, assemble-it-yourself things you can buy at Big Lots, but I decided to decoupage it with pages from a (already damaged) old copy of Little Women, and then an appropriate quotation: 


The same friend who provided that sage wisdom to me recently gifted me some vintage (empty) liquor bottles, which I promptly transformed into potion bottles:


And my creative cycle would not be complete without a collage or piece of assemblage art:


This is one of those ugly wooden jewelry boxes, decoupaged and painted with a mermaid theme. I still have more work to do on it, but I like how it's coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment