Friday, July 29, 2016

Summer Reading: The Third Chapter


I got this book for free from a Little Free Library in Bangor, Maine. I started reading it, but it was a little hard for me to get into. The story centers on an old dog named Ranger, who is neglected to his cruel owner. Ranger befriends a cat who soon gives birth to two kittens. Ranger is unable to protect the mother cat from his cruel owner, but he makes a vow to himself to watch over her two kittens, Sabine and Puck. The book also includes alot of Caddo mythology, which is where I'd get lost. I'm not fasmiliar with it, and it was difficult at time for me to see how that storyline, which is told simultaneously, was going to relate to the plight of those forsaken pets. I ended up liking the book, but it did take me longer than I would have expected to really absorb the story.


Dystopian zombie story with a strong female protagonist- good for fans of The Hunger Games. There is a romantic component, but I was relieved to see that it's not a driving force and kind of takes a back seat to Amy's own determination to save her sister. This is actually the second book in a series, but I didn't know that until after I read it, and it didn't affect my enjoyment.

A quick YA read- not the most unique themes or narrative, but I liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment