Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Hippie Camper from from Recycled Cardboard: Part 2

 Back in April, I posted about a Hippie Camper dollhouse I had made out of cardboard. I had an idea to do a little airstream type of camper for a while, but I didn't feel like spending money on a kit, so I decided to make it myself. It's not perfect, but it's been a lot of fun.

It's inspired by two figures from pop culture: Jenny from Forrest Gump and Karen Arnold from The Wonder Years.


I picture a young woman living here: listening to records, strumming a guitar, painting, and of course reading a lot of feminist theory books.

The protest sign is a little decorative pick from Dollar Tree, with a printout glued on, and the little knapsack is a jewlrey charm from Hobby Lobby


The nightstand is a drawer pull, and the candle is a birthday candle that I cut down (and actually lit for a few minutes) The little rainbow decoration is a jewelry charm from Hobby Lobby 


The bed platform is cardboard, and I put a sleeping bag and pillow I got on sale at Earth and Tree miniatures on it along with the orange doily, to look like an afghan. The purse and the dreamcatcher hanging from the ceiling are jewelry charms from Hobby Lobby.


The guitar is a scrapbook sticker from Dollar Tree, and the pink table is a candle holder. The record player is an old Barbie one I've had for a long time.


I printed out the book cover and attached it to a regular mini book.


All I need is 4" hippie girl



No comments:

Post a Comment