Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Another cardboard box creation

 

Back in November, I  was feeling like I needed a new project to work on. I love working on dollhouses, but I don't love spending money on them on the all the time, so I am trying to create more items for myself rather than buying everything. Last April, I wrote a post about creating a dollhouse from a cardboard box. So I found a cardboard box, and designed a whimsical one room cottage.

 I've had the idea for years now to make a witch cottage; not a Halloween witch, but more like a Stevie Nicks-inspired retreat that is all about nature and celestial beauty.
I covered the exterior in birch bark scrap paper, and painted the inside a deep purple color.


I am proud of this little cottage because I've been able to do it very cheaply. I was able to find some great things at Dollar Tree, like the star stickers on the walls, the blue lights on the ceiling, some of the furniture.  .  .

The gray shelf is a Barbie accessory from Dollar Tree that I painted, and I filled the tiny glass bottles with spices


The table is from Dollar Tree- the chair I got with a coupon at Hobby Lobby


The crystal chandelier is a Christmas ornament


I love the way it's coming along, and how I am trying to spend as little money as possible on this project. I made an alter using birthday cake candles


It doesn't have a resident yet, but I may not put one in at all. For now I'm just enjoying seeing it all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment