Monday, October 14, 2019

"This is Halloween- everybody make a scene!"

One of the most depressing days of the year for me is the day on which I put all our fun summer stuff away for the year. I don't mean beach balls or plastic pools; I mean all the stuff that makes our house and yard so Us. I put all my handmade wind chimes, yard art and funky painted furniture into the garage,shed or basement so they don't get damaged in the long winter months. My consolation for putting away those things which always make our home so unique, and weird and welcoming is that at least I can put up the Halloween decorations. So, the first one I put up was this Halloween wind chime, which I recently made:


I also decorated the outside porch: 


Eric and Johnny raked up some of the leaves and pine needles yesterday: 

And of course I had to get out the Nightmare Before Christmas display:


And the other day I saw our old grill sitting in the shed and I got inspired to turn it into a Halloween fairy garden:

Most of the stuff I already had in my dollhouse/craft supplies, but I did buy the little tombstones at Michael's this morning.

I've also been working on some Christmas dollhouses and crafts, but I'll save that for a future post.



No comments:

Post a Comment