Sunday, February 24, 2019

Not wasting any time!

I couldn't wait to get started on my February break! On Friday night, we indulged in some Thai food and watched "Coneheads."

On Saturday, Eric went to get our taxes done, so I spent some quality time with Johnny. I bought him a doughnut and strawberry milk for breakfast:



Then he helped me pick out some craft supplies at Hobby Lobby. We stopped into the pet store to say hi to all the animals. We ended up at the library in Rochester, and made a castle with their blocks.



It was a pretty impressive castle; according to John, it had knights, two dragons in it, with signs saying "Don't feed the dragons" and a big Christmas tree in the middle. I love watching his imagination grow, and I hope as he gets older, he will use it in creative ways.

As for my own creativity, I didn't waste any time. I made a new windchime, using a metal wreath form I found at Goodwill Buy the Pound last week. I also added some things to some other windchimes that are in progress.

 


And the dollhouses got some attention. I made a few accessories for the gypsy tent, like a Ouija board. I also put down a nice floor in Pee Wee Herman's bedroom, and made a kitchen sink for him. I also finally got around to painting his house:


                                           Before                                                  Now!

The actual house in Pee Wee's Big Adventure


I also learned how to make these cute teddy bears, using just pipe cleaners:


I also finished the ghost story I was reading, but I will write about that in a future post.

YAY for February Break!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment