Monday, August 13, 2018

Haulin'

Since we bought a pick-up truck recently, we chose to take that vehicle on our annual trip to DE/MD. I wanted to make my pilgrimage to the Crumpton auction, and with a truck, we knew we'd be able to pick up more than we had in past years.

We had a pretty successful time there. I found an old coffee table, which is going to be repainted of course:



A ton of records, including these goodies:



Some vintage dishes:


an antique bottle from Boston:


I didn't know what sulpho napthol was, so I had to look it up. It was mainly advertised as a disinfectant cleaner for hospitals and homes. However, an 1890 booklet produced by the Cabot company also suggests using it as bath soap, shampoo, even a mouthwash.


this funny sailor is a lamp, but I plan to make him into a garden statue:


A vintage embroidered decoration, because I love vintage linens:


And last but not least, I found my very own Edward Cullen:


He didn't look very sparkly, but hey, neither did I.




No comments:

Post a Comment